Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day of School

Today is the first day of School for my children, but today is especially unique because it is the first day of attending a Montessori school in Dallas.  I enrolled the children in Westwood Montessori this year.  It was a very hard decision for our family.  This means added expense, not being at the same school as the children in our community, and of course driving a half hour to and from school.  Many tears were shed.  I made this decision due to the fact that I too am taking this Montessori journey with my children.  I will begin my Montessori teacher training this September and by July 26, 2013 I will be a MINT graduate and be able to teach in a Montessori school.  I know in my heart this was the right thing for our family and am so very excited for this amazing journey.  Being able to be the one to drop them off and pick them up from school was the most important thing for me.  I'm sure we will have lots of fun conversations in the car, during our 1/2 drive each day. It will be a hard school year and sacrifices will be made, but "If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough"!

Mason begins his third grade year.
(he was very nervous about attending a new school and deeply misses his friends at Hertiage Elementary School)

Sophie is in her first grade year.
(she is so very excited about being at a new school)

Owen is now a full time pre-schooler going to school Monday-Friday from 8:30am-3:30pm. We hope he won't be too exhausted.

My children mean the world to me and I hope one day they will know that everything I do is to help them grow and "it takes courage to grow up and become who you really are"-EE.Cummings

No comments: